A Trust Structure enables Asset Protection and the distribution of Trust Income. It provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others.
- The risk of you or your business owning assets opens the possibility of a creditors claim against them when things go south.
- This is why businesses prefer to structure themselves by operating through trusts.
- This protects you and your family from losing assets such as your house or personal investments, if your business were to be sued.
The wall is created by clever use of companies, trusts and also deciding who within a married couple, for example, should and should not be a Director of each company. This is a key point. One seemingly simple mistake in this area can cost a family their house.
The standard type of will puts your family’s assets at risk, because if the person who dies holds the family’s personal assets in their name, ownership of these assets will revert to the person who through their Directorships in the business, is at a much higher risk of being sued.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring that all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will also be invaluable.
We are able to:
- Prepare and execute the vital documentation involved in Trust formation
- Attend to the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Trust administration
- Minute keeping service
- Annual accounts
- Asset management
- Investment monitoring
- Income distribution